In 2013 the monitor researched topics like CEO reputation, crisis communication, international communication, communicating with digital natives and the influence and status of the communication function. The European Communication Monitor 2013 is based on responses from 2,710 communication professionals in 43 countries. Detailed analyses of the largest study on strategic communication and public relations (PR) worldwide are available for 20 countries and different types of organisations (companies, non-profits, governmental, agencies).
- CEO communication: every second organisations monitors CEO reputation
- Digital gatekeepers: employees/consumers more relevant than bloggers
- Social media skills: practitioners still report rather moderate capabilities
- International communication: solid structures/strategies often missing
- Crisis communication: 7 out of 10 professionals faced crises recently
- Status: 58% of PR pofessionals are optimistic about career perspectives