The 2010 edition focused on the impact of the economic recession beginning in 2008 on the communication sector and future resources. Moreover, the survey shed light on topics like job satisfaction, leadership styles of communication leaders as well as the upcoming social media hype. The European Communication Monitor 2010 is based on responses from 1,955 communication professionals in 46 European countries. Detailed analyses for the largest study on strategic communication and public relations (PR) worldwide are available for 20 countries and different types of organisations (companies, non-profits, governmental, agencies).
- Impact of the recession: communication has become more important
- Resources: few functions were able to gain more finances and manpower
- Job satisfaction: 7 out of 10 PR professionals are content
- Leadership: Inclusive style correlates positively with influence
- Social media: PR professionals favour online communities; only 26% believe in the importance of Twitter and 17% in Wikis